Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pot Pie is like Chicken Noodle Soup, right?



My readers, I am not a well woman. I seem to have caught some sort of head cold. Luckily, today and tomorrow are my days off.

After watching this video, I really wanted to eat chicken pot pie. I weakly called out to The Boyfriend "Will you buy me some chicken and a pie crust?" which he charitably did.

While he was out, I chopped and boiled carrots, potatoes, onion, and celery. Then I made a bachamel sauce and waited for the other two essential ingredients to show up. After frying the chicken and combining it with the sauce and vegetables, I ladled it into two oven proof bowls and lidded it all with the pie crust.

It was super delicious.

The reason why you don't have any pictures of the finished product is that my camera batteries died. That is a picture of left over fillings.



This, as I am sure you are aware, are flowers. The Boyfriend bought them to cheer me up. Even after trimming a good three inches off the bottom, they're still very tall. They're sitting in my rice jar.

I am sure that the pot pie and flowers will speed my recovery.

1 comment:

  1. That's sweet that he did that for you! Now I want some chicken pot pie! :)

    ReplyDelete