Wednesday, October 6, 2010

La comida filipina



That is (aside from being another example of my terrible outdoor photography) was "the combo" from a farmers' market stand selling Filipino barbecue and noodles.

The noodles were nice, with bits of bell pepper, onion, and cabbage. Aside from a lack of soy sauce, it tasted like chow mien.

My Latino/Asian confusion was only enhanced by the presence of an egg roll. It was a good egg roll, standard cabbage-carrot combination with a crispy skin.

The barbecued pork was amazing. I've always loved the taste of a slight singe on grilled meats. Makes a nice contrast with the... well meatiness of the meat.

Ah.

A quick search has revealed to me how ignorant of the Philippines I am. Apparently Chinese cuisine was a large influence on their own. My confusion is dispersed!

Anyway, the moral of the story is that barbecue is always delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment