Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Turning into a ruminator

Lately I've been thinking (ruminating) about eating more salads (ruminating!).

I've copied the Boyfriend's mom's salad to the best of my ability, having just seen it and not actually tasted it. It appears to be a mix of baby spinach, grapes, red bell pepper, and feta cheese. I think I heard her say something once about tomatoes, but tomatoes tend to hurt my mouth when I gorge myself on them, so I've substituted avocado slices instead. It's pretty tasty, and helps deflect some of my pizza guilt.

Another thing that I did today was running. I've never really been into exercise for exercise's sake, but then I realized that all the pants I can both fit into and afford come with a "tummy hiding panel" which pisses me off for a number of reasons. I could blame genetics and the corn industry, but all solutions start with the self, right? In that spirit, I took a run on a local school's track, breaking between laps to do some sit ups and push ups.

Fear not gentle readers, the recipes I give are generally healthy, but I have a really bad sweet tooth which the Boyfriend doesn't discourage. I'm trying to turn to fruits (oh beloved strawberries) so we'll see how that goes.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment